Thursday, February 11, 2010

Water leaks through my old cars vinyl hardtop when it rains. Is there a sealant or paint I can apply to fix ?

The water comes through near the top of the front window and drips onto the dash area and front seat. To replace the top will be very expensive.Water leaks through my old cars vinyl hardtop when it rains. Is there a sealant or paint I can apply to fix ?
Go to autozone or CSK and look in there gasket/sealant area. You should find there a vinyl repair kit, this will work ok if the tare is small.Water leaks through my old cars vinyl hardtop when it rains. Is there a sealant or paint I can apply to fix ?
just in case the top itself is old no holes etc go to walmart shoe dept and get 2 cans of the silicone water repellent mostly used for suede shoes etc and apply several coats,. let each one dry before re spraying . the fabric looses its repellency over time. and this may help. its great for outside coats and hunting boots also i use it on my outwear hunting work jackets etc and the old ladies cloth top for her new jeep also and i wished she leave the hard top on all the time changing each seasons a pain .. but if your talking of windshield glass area leaks get the glass sealer ..
clean it off good and use some clear silicone sealer along it.

No comments:

Post a Comment