Thursday, February 11, 2010

Best kind of small craft paint sealant?

I've been painting small wooden boxes (the kind you get at Michael's for a buck) and giving them as gifts. I was using a paint-on sealant, but it had a streaky look to it and stayed sticky forever (hard to open the boxes!!!). I recently bought a spray-on sealant, but it made my writing (which I use a sharpie for instead of paint) streak all over the place. Does anyone know a good sealant I can use to finish off these small projects?Best kind of small craft paint sealant?
You may be over-saturating it. Lay the box down so the decorated side is horizontal. Then spray a Very LIGHT Coat of sealant over it. Let it dry completely then spray another light coat. Let that dry, and then do one more coat. This should work with most general aerosol sealants. If it still streaks, you could try my old stand-by: aerosol hairspray.
  • sweating
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment